Our eyebrows are just one of those things about the way we look that is genetic. Some of us have perfectly shaped eyebrows, but most of us have eyebrows that we don’t like. We think they are either too thin, too thick or too straight. If you want to know how to shape straight eyebrows, keep reading.
Having a nice arch in your eyebrow tends to give your face more expression. It can also allow you more room for eye makeup. You can create very glamorous looks with eye makeup and having a higher brow and more eyelid to work with makes it that much easier.
But, some of you may be wondering how to shape straight eyebrows. If you were born with straight, thin eyebrows, keep reading for some tips on how to get that sexy arch you want.
One thing to keep in mind; this is not a process you want to rush through. If you make a mistake and wax or tweeze a big section of eyebrow you will need to do the same thing to the other side.
Yes, that will look weird, but it would look ever more weird if one eyebrow was significantly wider or thicker than the other. Go slow and concentrate on only one small area at a time for the optimum results.
Having a good magnifying mirror and a well lit room are also two important elements that will allow you to do a better job. Whether you decide you want to pluck with tweezers or wax with hot wax, have your supplies at hand before you start.
Here are the basic steps you want to follow:
1. First of all, make sure your eyebrows are clean and free of makeup or oils.
2. Then, brush your eyebrows. Brush them up towards your hair line by using either a lash brush or small toothed comb.
3. If you have any really long eyebrow hairs, use some scissors and trim them up. You don’t want any “scragglies”. It will also decrease the overall thickness of your brows which will make it less difficult to get the arched, sculpted look you want.
4. Take a pencil and place it along the bridge or your nose. Align the pencil so the top of it is aligned with your brow bone. Using a brow pencil, mark a small dot in the area where the top of the pencil is aligned with your brow bone. This should be the outer edge of your eyebrow.
5. Next, carefully take the pencil and line up the end of the pencil with your nostril, angled toward the outer corner of your eye. This is where your eyebrow should end. Again, take a brow pencil and place a small dot in that exact spot.
6. Next, go to your mirror and look straight ahead. Line the pencil up with your eye so that your iris is directly behind the pencil. From that point you will gently roll the pencil outward, towards the outer corner of your eye.
Once the very inside edge of the pencil is aligned with the outer edge of your iris. Mark this spot on your eyebrow, it is where the arch should be.
Once you have the shape and you know exactly where your arch should be, you can start removing the hair and shaping the brow.
Now you know what to do and how to shape straight eyebrows, have fun!
Get Perfect Eyebrow Shape Everytime And Look Beautiful
There are a few things you can do to get perfect eyebrow shape for your face. Some of them will cost and some of them will be very cheap. It’s up to you to decide how much you want to do yourself and what method you want to use.
If you are willing to pay to have someone do it for you, you can most likely get perfect eyebrow shape for a small fee. How much the fee will be will be determined by where you live as well as the type of salon you go to.
For example if you go to a spa you will most likely pay a lot more for some eyebrow waxing than you would if you just had it done at the hair salon where you get your hair cut, colored or styled.
No matter where you decide to go, it may be worth it to have someone who has the right training and tools to do it for you. It can save you time and may make your eyebrows look even better than they do now.
Even so, if you want the job done right and done as quickly as possible you might be better off going to someplace where a professional could do it for you.
If you want to do it yourself your best bets are either plucking the unwanted hairs with tweezers or waxing them with a home waxing kit.
Both of these methods will produce long lasting results since you are actually removing the root of the hair. By doing it this way it will take about six to eight weeks to grow back. You don’t have to mess with it all that often which is what most of us prefer.
To get it done right you should make sure that take a few things into consideration. For example, you want to make sure you have a lighted spot and a magnifying mirror.
Also, making sure that your face and eyebrows are clean and clear of oils will help. If you find that your eyebrows are too long in length you can easily take a sharp pair of scissors and trim off the length.
Don’t go too crazy though, make sure you don’t cut your eyebrows so short that they can’t lay flat or you will look a little strange.
Once you get to this point, just examine your brows. Only start by taking off a little bit from spots that have excess hair. Don’t take too much off too soon. Just start with those spots that are overgrown and kind of scraggly looking.
Remember, if you mess up you will have to live with it for at least a month or so. Be careful and take your time.
Don’t mess up your eyebrows and have to hide inside your home for the next two months or so. Just make sure that when you start plucking or waxing you only concentrate on a small spot at a time.
And remember, to get perfect eyebrow shape you probably just need to clean up what you already have rather than completely change the shape, width and arch of your eyebrows.