During the summer time, most people really do enjoy the sun wherein they go to the beach or the go camping, hiking or other outdoor activities. The problem during the summer time, the temperature may go beyond 98 degrees Fahrenheit which is not good for our body. How? This is because too much heat may cause dehydration of the body.
As we all know, the body contains mostly of water. In fact, our body has 70% of water which is very essential to keep our body to function at its best. For that reason, if the water content of our body drops drastically, it may pose danger to our health wherein the worst thing that may happen to us is to die. So, it is very important for us to keep our body hydrated.
But when can we say that we already need water? Are there signs to watch out? What are those?
Well, below is the list of things that you should be mindful to tell that you are already dehydrating. When you experience any of these, you may drink water or other fluids that may keep you hydrated.
1. Urine That Is Too Dark Yellow. When the body is being dehydrated, our kidney try to conserve water, thus our urine becomes darker yellow in color. So watch out for that every time you urinate.
2. Thirsty. It is one of the most common signs of dehydration so better drink up when you are thirsty. In addition, when your mouth or tongue is dry, then you are thirsty and you should drink water.
3. Being Constipated. Indeed that when your bowel becomes too hard, dry and difficult to let out, it is a sign of dehydration. This is because the large intestine also knows how to conserve water, thus, it limits the amount of water to make the feces to be soft and easy to move.
4. Less Elastic Skin. The elasticity of the skin may not bee the best indication of dehydration, but many doctors still consider this test. Doctors pinch the skin and observe how it will come back to its original form. If the skin returns immediately after pinching, then it is normal. However, if it takes time before the skin manages to return to normal condition, then it is a sign of dehydration.
5. Dizziness. Dizziness as well as fainting is also one of the most common indicators of dehydration. It typically happens when you stand up quickly from a sitting, sleeping or lying position and you feel that your body is floating.
6. Tears That Are Dried. We all know that a tear is made up of water, but then we have dried tears, then it is a sign of dehydration because if the body has insufficient amount of water, then the production of water in the eyes also stop.