Cancer can be considered as one of the deadliest diseases since some cancers have no treatment while for some that has, the treatment process is very difficult, painful and expensive too. For that reason, not all people have the capability or the means to treat cancer. The poor are most especially the ones that are suffering because of the high cost of the treatment.
Given that situation, it is better for us to be healthy at the first place to avoid cancer and there are foods that can be helpful in fighting this dreadful disease. Particularly, there are certain vitamins that when consumed, will be a good weapon to avoid cancer. For that reason, eating foods that are high in those vitamins are really encouraged.
If you are excited to find out those vitamins that can help you, check the below list and start making plans already on how you can modify your daily diet to include foods that are rich in those vitamins.
- Vitamin B6 – It is one vitamin that is essential in order for the body to have a good immune system as well as to protect our respiratory system from certain kinds of infection as well as from pollution. There are studies that show that it can be helpful for the body against cervical cancer. Foods that are rich in vitamin B6 include apples, bananas, carrots, meat, and sweet potatoes.
- Vitamin B9 – Folic acid is its more popular name and it is said to protect the body against cervical cancer too. Foods that are rich in Vitamin B9 are cabbage, greens, citrus fruits, fishes from the sea and eggs.
- Vitamin C – It has been known from the nutrition experts that Vitamin C can be useful in preventing cancer. Aside from that, Vitamin C is essential in the recovery of cancer patients. Thus, many of the cancer patients take in large amount of Vitamin C in there phase of recovery. Citrus fruits such as pineapple, orange, and lemon are just some examples that are rich in Vitamin C
- Vitamin E – This vitamin is known to be a good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are responsible in fighting the free radicals that are causing cancer. Regular intake of Vitamin E is useful to avoid colon cancer. Eggs and dark green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach are good source of Vitamin E.
- Beta-Carotene – It is considered as an inactive form of Vitamin A. Thus, having those foods that are also rich in Vitamin A can be a good source of Beta-carotene. Foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach and other vegetables that are green and leafy are good source of this vitamin. Based on the researches, beta-carotene is essential in protecting the lungs from certain toxins that can cause cancer. In addition, there are also studies that confirmed that foods of higher beta-carotene content can decrease the risk of lung and stomach cancer among smokers.